We provide the opportunity but your success depends on you. We are always looking for qualified and dedicated individuals. If you would like the opportunity to be part of our industry leading team send your resume to email@example.com. SASCO is an equal opportunity employer.
Category: Project Management - ElectricalJob Code: N/PM-1301
SASCO offers an outstanding health & retirement benefits package and competitive compensation in an environment that promotes individual growth and recognizes top performers. This is the perfect opportunity for the individual interested in long-term growth and advancement, along with a stable and constructive atmosphere. We have had numerous Project Managers become Group Executives. Some have gone further. If this type of advancement is something you desire and are willing to work hard for, you can make it happen at SASCO.
- Oversee, direct, and be able to project (know what is going on) electrical projects from beginning to end
- Read and understand weekly labor report, project and influence field labor
- Wants to learn SASCO forms, systems, reports, means and methods, and “rules” at SASCO
- Build long term customer relationships by consistently meeting expectations and offering innovative solutions
- 5+ yrs Electrical Project Management – hard bid & design build commercial electrical projects
- Large commercial projects (3M+) experience
- Estimating experience, Accubid preferred
- Strong Union labor management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as team environment
- Ability to present in a professional manner and represent the company image
Category: Project Management - ElectricalJob Code: PE-1693
- Ensure timely procurement and delivery of materials to job site by working with purchasing department.
- Regular dialogue with labor superintendents, project foremen and office staff.
- Build long-term customer relationships by consistently meeting expectations and offering innovative solutions.
- Provide consistent feedback and reports to Project Managers.
- Additional duties as determined by Project Managers.
- 3-5 years Electrical contracting, project management (assistant management) experience - prefer large jobs 2M+
- Must understand how to read architectural, structural drawings (Mechanical & Electrical)
- Drafting experience with AutoCAD MEP 3D, Revit, SolidWorks, and/or Navisworks preferred
- Degree in Construction Management preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
- Accubid and/or McCormick estimating system experience or similar
Category: Administrative / Office ManagementJob Code: S/NDVP-1695
- Develop new VB.NET applications as well as maintain existing applications
- Analyze existing business logic, procedures, features, and functionality
- Design, develop, and maintain database tables, stored procedures, and functions
- Assist in analyzing and resolving any issues that arise with production applications
- Must have at least 4 years of paid experience developing VB.NET desktop applications with web services
- Experience developing mobile applications using Xamarin is a plus
- Must be able to write structured, maintainable, and scalable code
- High level expertise in SQL required, either T-SQL or PL/SQL.
- Experience developing and modifying packages, procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Clear, concise written and oral English skills are required.
Category: EstimatingJob Code: S/CESTIMATOR-1134
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual interested in leading conceptual estimating efforts to produce accurate electrical construction cost budgets and estimates, offering expertise and raising concerns and considerations to improve installation and performance of facility systems, and supporting our project planning goals and initiatives by applying expertise in estimating and cost management.
As a conceptual estimator, responsibilities will include preparing cost models for early design concepts, requiring the ability to derive meaningful cost data from historical cost data, relevant benchmarked projects and assumptions and project specific factors. In addition, significant judgment regarding market conditions, trade contractor capabilities, and risk management measures will be required. Qualified candidates will demonstrate an interest in and ability to develop expertise and leadership in the following specialty project planning services: value analysis, life cycle costing, constructability analysis, alternatives analysis, LEED, regional market cost factoring, work scope definition and integration of construction scheduling factors into the cost of the work. This position will provide a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to develop leadership, participate in a broad range of project planning services, and grow with the company. The role will offer opportunities to bring value by mentoring others within the group and providing estimating and preconstruction services for project teams throughout the company. Additionally, this position requires a high degree of collaboration with internal and external project teams.
As a member of our innovative project planning group, this person will have opportunities to contribute to the development and implementation of technology systems including historical cost tracking and benchmarking systems, estimating systems based on models and assemblies, and the use of virtual design and construction (BIM) in planning activities. Aptitude for learning, using, and teaching technology applications and wholehearted commitment to leveraging technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness will be critical for success. This person will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and delivering multiple projects, developing innovative ways of applying preconstruction specialty services to address client needs, and proposing and implementing ideas for continuous improvement of project planning services.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
- Work Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize individual and team contributions to achieve high-quality, timely results that contribute positively within the context of project estimating efforts and other initiatives. Ability to successfully balance multiple projects while providing on-demand services. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
- Relationships: Ability to earn respect through the credibility of estimating and project planning knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project planning group, with field operations teams, and with design teams and clients.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of project teams, and to participate in collaborative problem solving.
- Detail Orientation: Ability to successfully ensure accuracy of cost estimate data both in care taken with own work and auditing and supervising work of others.
- Professionalism: Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Ability to achieve expert proficiency with McCormick Estimating System for managing estimate information.
- Math Skills: Solid numerical and analytical skills and ability to apply these skills to achieve accurate quantity assumptions guiding estimates.
- Learning Orientation: Willing to pursue related educational and training opportunities for job performance improvement on an on-going basis, and to openly share knowledge and debate concepts with appropriate members of the SASCO team.
- 5+ years of conceptual estimating, cost engineering and modeling experience.
- At least four years RECENT conceptual estimating experience of projects $1.0 million and larger, specific example or project description required.
- Background in electrical project estimating.
- Solid knowledge of building systems and familiarity with resources for maintaining current knowledge.
- Field experience in addition to conceptual estimating experience.
- Experience leading estimating teams at various stages of design.
- Successful completion of classes or other training or experience in cost estimating, cost modeling, cost engineering, and constructability, and ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding.
- Demonstrated success in positions (estimating or other experiences) requiring professionalism, integrity, and accuracy.
Category: Project Management - ElectricalJob Code: S/GE-1019
A Group Executive is responsible for leading and directing SASCO Project Managers (that means they must be able to be a Sasco Project Manager) and also be involved in the following:
- Establish Sub-group/Group objectives through a quarterly business plan. Use the policies, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Plan, staff, and supervise all Sub-group/Group activities that specifically relate to getting the job and getting the job done. The Group President responsibility includes the “yes or no” decision on all jobs. That is the primary difference between a Group Executive and a Group President. Also included are personnel administration, performance review, defining and monitoring responsibilities, etc.
- Responsible for knowing what is going on and oversee monthly projections of costs on all jobs. Accountability is a way of life at Sasco. Monitor cost analysis activities on routine basis.
- Perform and direct research and client contact to identify potential projects (customers).
- Monitor overall quantity and quality of work performed by the Sub-group/Group. Develop organization’s programs, standards, and procedures consistent with Corporate policy.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required by the Sub-group/Group operating needs or as directed by the Group President or CEO.
- Four-year technical/business administration degree or equivalent
- 10+ yrs electrical contracting project management experience – hard bid and design-build large (3mil +) electrical projects
- Strong sales, operations, human relations, customer service, and organizational ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- McCormick 8000 estimating system or similar systems