We are looking for an enthusiastic individual interested in leading conceptual estimating efforts to produce accurate electrical construction cost budgets and estimates, offering expertise and raising concerns and considerations to improve installation and performance of facility systems, and supporting our project planning goals and initiatives by applying expertise in estimating and cost management.
As a conceptual estimator, responsibilities will include preparing cost models for early design concepts, requiring the ability to derive meaningful cost data from historical cost data, relevant benchmarked projects and assumptions and project specific factors. In addition, significant judgment regarding market conditions, trade contractor capabilities, and risk management measures will be required. Qualified candidates will demonstrate an interest in and ability to develop expertise and leadership in the following specialty project planning services: value analysis, life cycle costing, constructability analysis, alternatives analysis, LEED, regional market cost factoring, work scope definition and integration of construction scheduling factors into the cost of the work. This position will provide a great opportunity for a long-term thinker to develop leadership, participate in a broad range of project planning services, and grow with the company. The role will offer opportunities to bring value by mentoring others within the group and providing estimating and preconstruction services for project teams throughout the company. Additionally, this position requires a high degree of collaboration with internal and external project teams.
As a member of our innovative project planning group, this person will have opportunities to contribute to the development and implementation of technology systems including historical cost tracking and benchmarking systems, estimating systems based on models and assemblies, and the use of virtual design and construction (BIM) in planning activities. Aptitude for learning, using, and teaching technology applications and wholehearted commitment to leveraging technology to increase efficiency and effectiveness will be critical for success. This person will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and delivering multiple projects, developing innovative ways of applying preconstruction specialty services to address client needs, and proposing and implementing ideas for continuous improvement of project planning services.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate:
- Work Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize individual and team contributions to achieve high-quality, timely results that contribute positively within the context of project estimating efforts and other initiatives. Ability to successfully balance multiple projects while providing on-demand services. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
- Relationships: Ability to earn respect through the credibility of estimating and project planning knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project planning group, with field operations teams, and with design teams and clients.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of project teams, and to participate in collaborative problem solving.
- Detail Orientation: Ability to successfully ensure accuracy of cost estimate data both in care taken with own work and auditing and supervising work of others.
- Professionalism: Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). Ability to achieve expert proficiency with McCormick Estimating System for managing estimate information.
- Math Skills: Solid numerical and analytical skills and ability to apply these skills to achieve accurate quantity assumptions guiding estimates.
- Learning Orientation: Willing to pursue related educational and training opportunities for job performance improvement on an on-going basis, and to openly share knowledge and debate concepts with appropriate members of the SASCO team.