There is no higher priority at SASCO than the safety of our people. We are proud of our top flight safety record and are committed to an incident free work environment. We have devoted the resources and developed the strategy to assure that commitment is a reality.
Safety starts with leadership. The responsibility of our field and office management team is to continually improve upon our premier construction safety record. Our pledge to every employee is to send them home in the same condition in which they arrived.
Our Safety Director regularly undertakes site visits to review the implementation of our standards and ensure corrective and preventative actions are in place.
SASCO has a dedicated Safety Department comprised of seasoned professionals. The department oversees the implementation and effectiveness of our overall safety program including education and training programs, code research, safety file maintenance, workers’ compensation management, and liaison with all trades’ safety professionals, insurance professionals, and regulatory agency personnel.
Projects will often have dedicated site safety personnel but will always have supervision responsible for site safety.
Award Winning Program
SASCO’s award winning safety program is continuously evolving and improving. Some of the key elements of our program include:
- Management Commitment
- Comprehensive Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Corporate safety goals that meet or exceed our client’s expectations
- Formal Job Hazard Analysis Program
- Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program
- Safety Auditing Program
- Comprehensive Training Programs
- Incident Investigation Program
- Subcontractor Safety Requirements
Employee Involvement and Participation
Safety is a team effort, and we involve our people and encourage their feedback and suggestions to improve the effectiveness of the program. Employees actively participate in safety education such as safety meetings, safety courses, training activities and identifying and correcting hazardous situations.
- AED (Automatic External Defibrillators)
- Aerial Work Platform-Operator Training
- Blood borne Pathogen Safety Training
- 3D CAD BIM Modeling
- Confined Space Entry Training
- Defensive Driving-DDC4
- Trench Shoring
- Fall Protection
- Fall Rescue Training
- First Aid/CPR
- Advanced Foreman Training
- Forklift Operator Training
- Hand Protection
- Hearing Conservation & Safety
- Heat Stress Prevention
- Powder Actuated Tool Training
- Horizontal Lifeline Training
- Infection Control Training
- NFPA 70E/Hot Work
- OSHA 10/QSP
- OSHA 30
- Rigging Safety Awareness
- Roof-Edge Fall Protection
- Scaffold-Competent Person Training
- Telehandler-Operator Training
- Scissor lift-Train the Trainer and Operator
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
- Traffic control